2005-05-29

Good Morning

So a normal person would probably welcome you to their blog... blech. Who said I was a normal person?

I'm just one of the many people who have no real desire to care. I'm a tired old man, without much going for me, but I felt this might be a way for me to get back into the habit of writing.

Once, long ago, I thought of myself as a writer that had strong computer skills. Now I think of myself as a Geek who used to write. I've lost my connection to the arts, and this upsets me greatly. When we lose touch with our artistic expression a large part of us begins to decay. Scientist tell us that the right hemisphere of our brain is our artistic side, what happens to this side of the brain if we do not use it?

In my case, that side of the brain is entirely like the old cobwebbed attic that has been abandoned for over a decade. I can barely appreciate art anymore. I've become bitter about this to the point where I don't like myself very much.

I count myself lucky though. I found a reason to clear out some cobwebs, and to at least appreciate art again. I blame it on one artist, though there were more at fault, she has been able to re-ignite a candle in my attic, perhaps with that I'll find the lamps and begin the cleaning.

DragonSong12 whose main graphic novel can be found at
http://fireflycross.pensandtales.com/

I recommend taking a trip to her Deviant Art gallery as well, it is worth the time.

Thank you DragonSong12 for making my life brighter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home